Japanese Woodblock Prints
- Heads up! — Only 1 left
The Japanese woodblock print is a phenomenon with no Western equivalent. Breathtaking landscapes exist alongside blush-inducing erotica, ghosts and demons torment the living, and sumo wrestlers and kabuki actors are rock stars. This XXL edition unveils the 200 most exceptional prints from 1680–1938, presenting the finest impressions in museums and private collections worldwide.
- 622 pages
- 11.4 x 15.5 in.
- The work of 89 artists, from the world-renowned to the unfamiliar
- 7 chapters organized chronologically to trace the history of the medium from 1680 to 1938
- 17 fold-outs, hand-folded due to their size and specifications
- Exclusive reproductions from museums and private collections
- An appendix listing all artists and works